Holo

Holo

HOT
$0.002616879%-0.95

Key Metrics

Price$0.002616879
Real Volume (24H)$11,219,167.91
Marketcap$453,345,624.26
Fully Diluted ValuationN/A
ATH$0.03126682
ATH Date4/5/2021, 7:04:52 PM
ATL$0.0002202
ATL Date3/13/2020, 5:23:01 AM
Circulating Supply178B
Total Supply178B
WhitepaperHolo whitepaper
Popularity Rank155
Chart
What is Holo?

Holo, also known as HOT, is an open-source platform that enables the development of peer-to-peer (P2P) applications. It acts as a decentralized app (dapp) cloud-hosting market, incorporating an agent-centric approach to the market. Using Holochain, individuals can take advantage of low-cost cloud-hosting providers and create powerful dapps.

Holo was founded by Arthur Brock and Eric Harris-Braun, both experienced contract developers, in December 2016 as part of the MetaCurrency Project. The project aims to create tools and technologies for a future P2P economy. It was inspired by Ceptr, a collaborative P2P platform for dapps that Brock and Harris-Braun had previously worked on. The platform provides a P2P platform for developers to create dapps, shifting the focus from data-centric blockchain to agent-centric system.

Holo tokens were first issued in January 2018 during an initial token sale, with a total supply of 250 billion HOT. The Holochain organization and team control 25% of the total HOT supply, while investors and network members own the remaining 75%. Some of the investors include YouBi Capital, Woodstock Fund, Wolfedge Capital, DU Capital, and Continue Capital.

Holo uses an innovative P2P architecture that allows applications to directly connect user devices to each other through secure networks, known as separate source chains. These chains consist of authenticated nodes that allow the network to quickly build self-owned identities and data. When a new DNA sequence joins the network, it generates a source chain where all the user's data is saved. Transactions are signed with a private key for added security and hosts are required to verify and abide by established restrictions. The Agent ID serves as a unique network identification, it is a public counterpart to the private key and can be used for signature verification among other activities. Each network participant has a DHT shard, which is a random portion of public data distributed across the network. The sharded network allows for faster data storage compared to other blockchain methods.

Holo was built to address various market challenges, including reducing centralized control. The network’s technology ensures that users have a balance of freedom and responsibility, through a concept of reciprocal sovereignty. This allows the network to remain secure while providing a wide range of services to users.

Additionally, Holo allows for the creation of decentralized, distributed, and secure applications, which can be used in various industries such as finance, healthcare, and government. The platform enables users to control and manage their own data, making it a more secure and private option. Moreover, Holo offers a more sustainable and efficient solution for hosting and running dapps, as it does not rely on centralized servers, and instead, utilizes the power of the network participants’ devices.

The Holo ecosystem includes a number of different components, including Holochain, which is the core technology that powers the platform, and HoloFuel, which is the cryptocurrency used for transactions within the network. Holoport, a physical device that allows users to host and access dapps on the network, and the Holochain App Store, a marketplace for dapps and services, are also part of the ecosystem.

In conclusion, Holo is a unique and innovative platform that provides a solution for building and hosting decentralized applications on a peer-to-peer network. Its agent-centric approach and sustainable hosting model make it a valuable option for developers and users alike. The platform offers a range of features and services that can be used in a variety of industries and use cases, making it a versatile and powerful tool for building the decentralized future.

Disclaimer

The investment information, comments, and recommendations provided here do not fall under the scope of investment consulting. Therefore, making an investment decision based solely on the information and comments provided here may not yield results that meet your expectations.

Stay ahead of the competition by accessing high-quality data, advanced tools, and expert research.

Try for Free

Top Assets

AssetPrice24HMcap
Loading...

We use cookies for personalization, social media, and analytics, and share usage data with partners.